A water supply valve is required to control the water coming into the appliance if your refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser feature, or even just an installed ice maker. The supply valve is generally found in the bottom backside of this refrigerator behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply ordinarily travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve can be an electrically-control component with inlet and socket water ports and something or maybe more solenoids.
whenever signaled by way of a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water through an optional water filter to your dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. With time, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can build-up into the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer struggling to create ice and restricted, or no, water taken from the dispenser if the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves is not effortlessly washed or fixed, a valve that is malfunctioning be changed by having a brand new one.
How exactly to change a faulty water supply valve
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut the water supply off into the ice box.
- Pull the fridge out of the wall.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the low access panel that is rear. Bear in mind, you may have to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming through the inlet valve slot before you fully eliminate the panel.
- Detach the incoming water line through the water supply valve inlet slot when you havenвЂ™t done this currently. Continue reading Changing a Refrigerator Water Provide Valve. How exactly does a water supply valve work?