A water supply valve is required to control the water coming into the appliance if your refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser feature, or even just an installed ice maker. The supply valve is generally found in the bottom backside of this refrigerator behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply ordinarily travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve can be an electrically-control component with inlet and socket water ports and something or maybe more solenoids.
whenever signaled by way of a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs water through an optional water filter to your dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. With time, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can build-up into the valve producing an obstruction, leading to the ice manufacturer struggling to create ice and restricted, or no, water taken from the dispenser if the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves is not effortlessly washed or fixed, a valve that is malfunctioning be changed by having a brand new one.
How exactly to change a faulty water supply valve
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut the water supply off into the ice box.
- Pull the fridge out of the wall.
- Unthread the screws to get rid of the low access panel that is rear. Bear in mind, you may have to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming through the inlet valve slot before you fully eliminate the panel.
- Detach the incoming water line through the water supply valve inlet slot when you havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to produce water supply valve mounting plate or bracket through the fridge framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the terminals that are solenoid.
- If applicable, slide out any locking videos then depress the keeping rings to detach the socket hose or hoses through the valve ports. Be ready for some water to spill.
- If required, take away the water that is old valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the water that is new valve by aligning it regarding the mounting plate or bracket if required.
- Completely place the hose or hoses in to the socket ports and, if needed, fall in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Connect the cable connecter or connecter to your terminals that are solenoid.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket from the fridge thread and frame the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it using the screws.
- Connect the incoming water line to your valveвЂ™s inlet slot. In the event that water has been provided through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut on the inlet slot then Click Tids Link make use of a wrench to tighten up. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Go the refrigerator straight back up against the wall surface.
- Turn water supply straight right right back on.
- Plug the refrigeratorвЂ™s cord back.
- Switch on the ice maker or run water through the dispenser to verify the brand new supply valve is working correctly and there aren’t any leakages.
Discover the water that is right valve with Repair Clinic
Since water supply valves will be different with regards to the ice box model, it is important to spot the precise valve that fits your ice box. To achieve this, enter the full model amount of the applying when you look at the fix Clinic search bar, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the part category filter regarding the remaining region of the web web web page to get the part that is matching. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the name that is top fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll want to be sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.